It’s almost here folks, the 2016-2017 NFL season is just a short two and a half months away. But the question is, what should you do in order to prepare for such a momentous annual occasion? Well, here at Weekly Sports World, I’m here to help answer that question!
1. Prepare Your Fantasy Teams: Now you might be saying to yourself; “Hey Kellen, it’s too early to think about my fantasy team?” Absolutely not! There are countless resources at your disposal that can help you achieve Fantasy Football Greatness when it is all said and done.
Dollar store fantasy guides, TV shows, insider info online, apps; these are all waiting for you in order to make you the king of your league. So don’t let Claudia, who won your office league last year after consulting her seven cats all season long about football decisions, beat you again this year. Be prepared, watch film, do your research, and take this ‘ship home.
2. Binge Watch “The League” on Netflix: Since we are on the topic of Fantasy Football, another thing that can prepare you for the upcoming football season would be “binge watching” all seven seasons of “The League” on Netflix.
For those who may not know, “The League” was a television series that lasted seven seasons. The show follows a group of six dysfunctional friends on their journey to Fantasy Football gold in their own league. In addition, the show also follows through the group’s personal lives as well, with many hilarious shenanigans playing out in the process.
“The League” helps to fill the void of football with it’s unique mixture of raunchy comedy, the familiar faces of top NFL talent making cameos, and above all else, FOOTBALL!
3. Backyard Football Tournaments: Who wouldn’t want to be Jerry Rice catching a deep bomb in the endzone? Or LT racing down the sideline after a big run? Well, you can do that too! (But how about we go by our regular names instead, since a majority of the people who read that are well over the age of 10? We’re grown adults, let’s act like it!)
Nothing breaks those off-season blues like getting onto the field and playing the game you love. Just get a couple of your buddies together, find a field, and you’re good.
4. Madden Tournaments: Not only can you control the game in the real world, but you can also do so in the virtual world. (And with this, you won’t need to worry about feeling like a child actually calling out players names.)
5. Simulating Madden Games: Lord have mercy, please do not sink this low! For those who may not understand, when I say “simulated,” I mean picking two teams and having the gaming system control both instead of a player controlling one or the other.
Simulating football games on a video game system is a serious concern when dealing with Football Withdrawal, and could lead to some complications that will stay with you for years. If you experience this symptom yourself, we recommend watching the “Greatest Follies” compilation, and Super Bowl XIII. (Because who doesn’t love watching the Cowboys lose?)